The Best Pest Control Solutions
There are many things that are stressful about owning a home but one of the most stressful things that can happen is an infestation of pests. Whether it be insects or rodents, the issue can turn into a serious one quickly is nothing is done about it.
Not all homes and businesses get infested with rodents or insects but there are some things that can make that reality more likely. Leaving food around is a major attraction for pests and holes and entry points around the property can make it easy for them to gain entry. When it comes to pest control, there are ways to both prevent and eliminate pests around your home.
Tips on how to Prevent Pests in Your Home
While some homeowners may still get pests in their home no matter what they do, there are measures you can take to make it harder for them to take over. Below are some tips on how to prevent pests:
1) Don’t leave food and garbage around for longer than needed. Inside your home, make sure to properly store leftovers and don’t leave food sitting out for long periods of time as the smell can attract pests. It’s a good idea to store cereals, pastas and other foods that are normally stored in the pantry in the fridge during the warmer months when pests are more active. When it comes to composting, keep your compost area as far away from the house as possible, keep it in a bin and keep it covered until removal if possible. If you are able to and depending on the time garbage pickup is in your area, put your garbage at the curb as close to pickup time as possible. Don’t leave it at the curb overnight if you can help it.
2) Inspect the perimeter outside of your home and look for any holes or entryways and promptly fill them in. Do the same inside the home and inspect for any entryways inside cupboards and around walls that lead to the outside and fill them in too.
3) Keep up with routine maintenance around your home and yard. Keep the grass cut and trim bushes. Try to keep any standing water at a minimum or eliminate it completely if possible as this tends to attract a variety of pests. Cut down on clutter and debris around your home.
Tips on how to Eliminate Pests if you Acquire Them
Sometimes it doesn’t matter what you do, pests can still get into your home and cause problems. Here are some tips on how to get rid of pests if you find yourself with a pest problem:
1) Try at-home solutions such as dish soap, vinegar and essential oils to see if that helps the issue. For example, peppermint oil is said to repel spiders while cinnamon oil is said to repel spiders. Some people pour a bucket of water mixed with dish soap around the perimeter of their home to eliminate earwigs. You may need to use strong pest solutions with poison for harder to deal with infestations.
2) Put down ant traps, mouse traps or rat traps depending on the type of pest you have.
3) Follow the prevention steps above to prevent further infestation.
4) Call in the professionals for very stubborn problems. Pest control professionals, like propacificpestcontrol.com, have an array of products and services that are meant to take care of even the worse pest problems. Call around or ask friends and family for advice on reputable companies around your city or town. Find the one who is best able to deal with your issue at the best price.